Anyone else just applying to local colleges?

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
Bigsrw

Anyone else just applying to local colleges?

Post by Bigsrw » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:36 am

I currently live in Colorado with my husband and son. Grew up in this state and have family in this state and I don't really want to leave it.

So, I'm applying to colleges in this area. CU Boulder and Colorado State University are my top choices. I think I want to go to CSU more, though, since it's smaller and I liked my smaller undergraduate college (Colorado Mesa University).

I took the October GRE but, I think if I can stay above the 50th percentile I'll be content.

Anyone else hoping to stay local? Anyone else with family? Anyone else not freaking out too much since they aren't applying anywhere fancy?

DDswife

Re: Anyone else just applying to local colleges?

Post by DDswife » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:57 am

I had a sick husband, and I also applied for a local university. Now my husband passed, but I still have my daughter and my work over here. Not planning to move at this time.

Bigsrw

Post by Bigsrw » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:38 pm

DDswife wrote:I had a sick husband, and I also applied for a local university. Now my husband passed, but I still have my daughter and my work over here. Not planning to move at this time.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I applaud you, though, for still intending to attend a university. I'm sure it will be difficult between work, school and a daughter. Is your daughter old enough to have some independence?

Also, good luck!

DDswife

Post by DDswife » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:45 pm

My daughter is 25. I have an older daughter, and a grandbaby, but they are in my country.

I am not trying to study at this time because I can’t afford such a thing. At my age, it doesn’t pay off to get a loan. So, I just study on my own.