Waitlist activity at top 15

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
Post Reply
kingcharles
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:28 am

Waitlist activity at top 15

Post by kingcharles » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:31 am

Does anybody have any information on what to expect from waitlists for F19, particularly at top 15 schools? Any information appreciated.

young556646
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:33 am

Re: Waitlist activity at top 15

Post by young556646 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:50 am

kingcharles wrote:Does anybody have any information on what to expect from waitlists for F19, particularly at top 15 schools? Any information appreciated.
I don't know whether your top 15 includes Duke or not, but Duke said they will not likely to make decisions before early April, and they were not sure about the possibility of any additional offers. Since it is now April, hopefully they will soon tell us something.

kingcharles
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:28 am

Re: Waitlist activity at top 15

Post by kingcharles » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:50 am

young556646 wrote:
kingcharles wrote:Does anybody have any information on what to expect from waitlists for F19, particularly at top 15 schools? Any information appreciated.
I don't know whether your top 15 includes Duke or not, but Duke said they will not likely to make decisions before early April, and they were not sure about the possibility of any additional offers. Since it is now April, hopefully they will soon tell us something.
Do you know if schools typically return with decisions on waitlist offers before the April 15 reply deadline? What do students do about the practical issue of a waitlist decision after the reply deadline?

blahquaker
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Waitlist activity at top 15

Post by blahquaker » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:08 pm

kingcharles wrote:What do students do about the practical issue of a waitlist decision after the reply deadline?
https://cgsnet.org/april-15-resolution- ... -questions
Q: What if an applicant accepts an offer of financial support and then wants to accept an offer from a different program or institution?

In some situations, an applicant may accept an offer of financial support from one graduate program and then may receive an offer from a program at a different institution whose program better aligns with their career goals and aspirations. In that case, the applicant must first request and receive a release in writing from the offer they previously had accepted before taking any subsequent offers.
seems like a mess.

q8099086
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:59 pm

Re: Waitlist activity at top 15

Post by q8099086 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:36 pm

Actually my roommate did receive an offer from top15 exactly on April 15 in 2015



Post Reply