Course List Latex Template

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
Post Reply
analysister
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:36 pm

Course List Latex Template

Post by analysister » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:56 pm

Hey guys,

I went to make my list of courses to submit with a lot of my applications and couldn't find a template for it... so I made one.

I know Ohio State has the generator but that didn't work for me (Gave me a corrupt Pdf) and this will match the formatting of my CV (I highly recommend the Trey Hunner template).

It allows for all of the same information as the Ohio State form does, but all of the inputs are optional besides the Course Name. Feel free to use and send around if you think it'll be helpful!


Here's a link to the .cls and .tex files, and a sample class list:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Hope it makes someone process a little tiny bit easier :D

Riemannian
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:43 am

Re: Course List Latex Template

Post by Riemannian » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:24 pm

Ignoramus here - is it usual to have to list your courses like this for your undergrad? Do you list all of the courses you've taken in your undergrad, or just those in your final year?

analysister
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:36 pm

Re: Course List Latex Template

Post by analysister » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:42 pm

Riemannian wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:24 pm
Ignoramus here - is it usual to have to list your courses like this for your undergrad? Do you list all of the courses you've taken in your undergrad, or just those in your final year?
Some schools specifically ask for it (I've seen it from Northwestern, Ohio State, maybe a few others) , but it isn't expected by most schools. They can get most of the information on it from your transcripts. Sometimes they just want to know what textbooks you've used or topics covered since courses can vary a lot from school to school.

Riemannian
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:43 am

Re: Course List Latex Template

Post by Riemannian » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:44 pm

analysister wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:42 pm
Riemannian wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:24 pm
Ignoramus here - is it usual to have to list your courses like this for your undergrad? Do you list all of the courses you've taken in your undergrad, or just those in your final year?
Some schools specifically ask for it (I've seen it from Northwestern, Ohio State, maybe a few others) , but it isn't expected by most schools. They can get most of the information on it from your transcripts. Sometimes they just want to know what textbooks you've used or topics covered since courses can vary a lot from school to school.
Glad, took 11 courses last year and will be taking around the same this year! (my university effectively makes you take at least 10) Would be a pain to list them all and give course descriptions. Cheers.

MathParent
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:32 pm

Re: Course List Latex Template

Post by MathParent » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:11 am

Riemannian wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:44 pm
Glad, took 11 courses last year and will be taking around the same this year! (my university effectively makes you take at least 10) Would be a pain to list them all and give course descriptions. Cheers.
Do you think they want all your courses or just math? UNC, for example, it seems, wants only math...

6ix9ine
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:14 pm

Re: Course List Latex Template

Post by 6ix9ine » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:40 pm

Riemannian wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:24 pm
Ignoramus here - is it usual to have to list your courses like this for your undergrad? Do you list all of the courses you've taken in your undergrad, or just those in your final year?
Just math classes with a list of topics covered in each class. A lot of schools ask for the name of the professor and your grade in that class. There's a lot of repeating the info that's on your transcript :(

Riemannian
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:43 am

Re: Course List Latex Template

Post by Riemannian » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:43 pm

MathParent wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:11 am
Riemannian wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:44 pm
Glad, took 11 courses last year and will be taking around the same this year! (my university effectively makes you take at least 10) Would be a pain to list them all and give course descriptions. Cheers.
Do you think they want all your courses or just math? UNC, for example, it seems, wants only math...
Not sure. 3 of my classes last year were in statistics, rest math, and this year 1 statistics rest math, so it'd only cut down the list by a little.

Riemannian
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:43 am

Re: Course List Latex Template

Post by Riemannian » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:45 pm

6ix9ine wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:40 pm
Riemannian wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:24 pm
Ignoramus here - is it usual to have to list your courses like this for your undergrad? Do you list all of the courses you've taken in your undergrad, or just those in your final year?
Just math classes with a list of topics covered in each class. A lot of schools ask for the name of the professor and your grade in that class. There's a lot of repeating the info that's on your transcript :(
Fair enough. Was going to say - courses with the same title can sometimes vary considerably in content. Won't look forward to having to compile that list eventually...



Post Reply