Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
reluctantforumuser
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:35 am

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by reluctantforumuser » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:41 pm

Ahmadreza wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:15 pm
Does anyone know what is going on in UT Austin?
Last contact I had, the DGS said they would be making a second round of offers and to check in if I hadn't heard anything by April 1st.

PajamaSam
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:51 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by PajamaSam » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:06 pm

reluctantforumuser wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:41 pm
Ahmadreza wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:15 pm
Does anyone know what is going on in UT Austin?
Last contact I had, the DGS said they would be making a second round of offers and to check in if I hadn't heard anything by April 1st.
When were you told this? Does this mean there is a guaranteed second round at this point, and did it sound like they plan on sending out second round offers by April 1st?

reluctantforumuser
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:35 am

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by reluctantforumuser » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:11 pm

PajamaSam wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:06 pm
reluctantforumuser wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:41 pm
Ahmadreza wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:15 pm
Does anyone know what is going on in UT Austin?
Last contact I had, the DGS said they would be making a second round of offers and to check in if I hadn't heard anything by April 1st.
When were you told this? Does this mean there is a guaranteed second round at this point, and did it sound like they plan on sending out second round offers by April 1st?
This was 3/15. I don't know how to answer your other questions. You could try emailing their graduate advisor (that's what I did).

Ahmadreza
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:25 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by Ahmadreza » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:47 pm

reluctantforumuser wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:41 pm
Ahmadreza wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:15 pm
Does anyone know what is going on in UT Austin?
Last contact I had, the DGS said they would be making a second round of offers and to check in if I hadn't heard anything by April 1st.
Did they send you a waitlist email?

pdenumericalanalysis
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:23 am

Re: 2021 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Post by pdenumericalanalysis » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:27 am

Ali Guo wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:37 am
pdenumericalanalysis wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:22 am
Ali Guo wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:30 pm
Hey Bro, if you are not going to the program of George Washington University, could you please decline it? I am currently on the waitlist! Thank you so much!
Sure! I'm just waiting for an official letter from UH with TA info (should be coming in a day or two) before I decline GWU's offer. But will definitely do so right after. Hope you get in!
Hi there, may I ask if you have already decline the GWU offer? If not, could you please decline it recently? Many thanks!
Hey, sorry for the late response, but yes I have declined the GWU offer. Hope you get off the waitlist!

kahdk
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:22 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by kahdk » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:46 am

reluctantforumuser wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:41 pm
Ahmadreza wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:15 pm
Does anyone know what is going on in UT Austin?
Last contact I had, the DGS said they would be making a second round of offers and to check in if I hadn't heard anything by April 1st.
I did so but was told I am not on the waitlist. I bet it's a rejection. I haven't heard anything from them before I asked. So I think they have made decisions on waitlist and rejection but didn't send it out somehow. I guess you should try contact them to ask for your status.

yaskhn3
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:23 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by yaskhn3 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:04 pm

I know there are lots of people who haven't heard back from UCLA. It's kinda unlikely that we'd all be waitlisted. However, as UCLA did send a lot of rejections too, I figure some of us might actually be unofficially waitlisted? Are you guys going to wait it out or have you already accepted an offer elsewhere?

Albert_Eisenstein
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:17 am

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by Albert_Eisenstein » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:15 am

yaskhn3 wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:04 pm
I know there are lots of people who haven't heard back from UCLA. It's kinda unlikely that we'd all be waitlisted. However, as UCLA did send a lot of rejections too, I figure some of us might actually be unofficially waitlisted? Are you guys going to wait it out or have you already accepted an offer elsewhere?
I intend to get in touch with a Professor there and ask them about my status. Will keep you posted.

Konick_Sections12
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:39 am

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by Konick_Sections12 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:50 am

Hola Amigos!! i made it after years of hard effort and many tacos 🌮🌮. I have made it into graduate school in Algebraic Combinatorics. Currently I have offers from a couple of schools, including UMD, Purdue and waitlisted at Rice, UNC, SSCU. I am grateful to my mentor Dr. PMC as well as the valuable tips from Professor RM. Look forward to chatting with y'all!!🥳🎉🎊

Ahmadreza
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:25 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by Ahmadreza » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:19 am

Does anyone know when Toronto releases the final decision of applicants who applied to their master's program? According to the FQA part of the application portal, they send the majority of offers in March and April, but there isn't any posting on the gradcafe which shows that they sent offers in March, so should we expect they send out more offers in April?

yaskhn3
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:23 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by yaskhn3 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:27 pm

Albert_Eisenstein wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:15 am
yaskhn3 wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:04 pm
I know there are lots of people who haven't heard back from UCLA. It's kinda unlikely that we'd all be waitlisted. However, as UCLA did send a lot of rejections too, I figure some of us might actually be unofficially waitlisted? Are you guys going to wait it out or have you already accepted an offer elsewhere?
I intend to get in touch with a Professor there and ask them about my status. Will keep you posted.
Thanks! Have you heard back yet? According to Gradcafe, someone was accepted off the waitlist just today. I am not even on the waitlist lol

DOCTORFM
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:28 am

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by DOCTORFM » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:08 pm

Ahmadreza wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:19 am
Does anyone know when Toronto releases the final decision of applicants who applied to their master's program? According to the FQA part of the application portal, they send the majority of offers in March and April, but there isn't any posting on the gradcafe which shows that they sent offers in March, so should we expect they send out more offers in April?
There has been radio silence from the department, hopefully they respond soon as I have other offers which need to be responded to.

dumbquestionsonly
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:58 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by dumbquestionsonly » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:05 pm

Just got rejected from Northwestern via portal.

bannanagamma
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:54 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by bannanagamma » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:22 pm

dumbquestionsonly wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:05 pm
Just got rejected from Northwestern via portal.
Not even an email or anything? Yikes I need to start checking my portals more often now...

dumbquestionsonly
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:58 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by dumbquestionsonly » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:31 pm

bannanagamma wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:22 pm
dumbquestionsonly wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:05 pm
Just got rejected from Northwestern via portal.
Not even an email or anything? Yikes I need to start checking my portals more often now...
No no! Got an email saying to check it!

bannanagamma
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:54 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by bannanagamma » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:00 pm

dumbquestionsonly wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:31 pm
bannanagamma wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:22 pm
dumbquestionsonly wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:05 pm
Just got rejected from Northwestern via portal.
Not even an email or anything? Yikes I need to start checking my portals more often now...
No no! Got an email saying to check it!
Oooh I getchu. :oops: Thanks.

EDIT: after checking a couple of times I was rejected without an email, but hey I'm glad I got a response

pdenumericalanalysis
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:23 am

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by pdenumericalanalysis » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:41 pm

Hey y'all. I'm currently on the waitlist for Northwestern's ESAM PhD program. They emailed me a few days ago asking if I was still interested, then followed up saying they are waiting for some more offer responses. If you happen to be accepted and are not planning on attending please do decline!

jrc
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:45 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by jrc » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:09 pm

Has anyone heard from Michigan AIM recently? They said they would send waitlists by end of March but I still haven't heard anything... assuming that it is a rejection but would like a definite answer.

iliketopology
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:56 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by iliketopology » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:54 am

Has anyone here received offers from and of Brandeis, Boston College, or Tufts within the last 2 weeks or so? I’m on the waitlists for those so I’m just kinda curious about how the process is progressing.

yaskhn3
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:23 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by yaskhn3 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:33 pm

waitlisted at UCLA. Nervous af. Please decline if you are not going. This is my top choice.

sz9232
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:46 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by sz9232 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:21 pm

yaskhn3 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:33 pm
waitlisted at UCLA. Nervous af. Please decline if you are not going. This is my top choice.
How did you you find out you are waitlisted? If you don't mind me asking.

yaskhn3
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:23 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by yaskhn3 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:34 pm

sz9232 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:21 pm
yaskhn3 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:33 pm
waitlisted at UCLA. Nervous af. Please decline if you are not going. This is my top choice.
How did you you find out you are waitlisted? If you don't mind me asking.
I emailed their grad chair

bd
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by bd » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:38 pm

sz9232 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:21 pm
yaskhn3 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:33 pm
waitlisted at UCLA. Nervous af. Please decline if you are not going. This is my top choice.
How did you you find out you are waitlisted? If you don't mind me asking.
Can't speak for this poster, but somebody on GradCafe said they emailed and were told they had been waitlisted. The GradCafe post also said they were told UCLA would reject anyone on the waitlist unless spots open up next week.

Although I'm surely low on the list, I technically haven't received my rejection letter yet (applied math). So this is my desperate plea that everyone accepted to UCLA and definitely not attending should decline ASAP :D

mathbestie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:02 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by mathbestie » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:04 pm

Hey besties. I just got an email from USC asking for my fasfa that "all new grad students must submit" but I haven't received an offer. Do you think this means I will? Or that I'm waitlisted? I contacted the school pretty recently and they said they still haven't finished reviewing my app so i don't know.

AnatolyBabakov
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:59 am

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by AnatolyBabakov » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:33 am

Hey! Have any of u gotten out of the UIC waitlist as of yet ?

hormander
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:01 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by hormander » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:52 am

Just turned down CUNY and Notre Dame. Hope people get in!

bd
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by bd » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:49 pm

For those of you who contacted Minnesota about your application status, who did you contact? I emailed the graduate director's service email a couple times over the last few weeks with no response.

jiayiwen99
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:38 am

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by jiayiwen99 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:22 pm

bd wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:49 pm
For those of you who contacted Minnesota about your application status, who did you contact? I emailed the graduate director's service email a couple times over the last few weeks with no response.
I emailed the department at early March, and got an email back from the officer in one day and an email from the DGS on March.21. I replied the email saying I was still interested in the program, but no reply from either the department or the DGS after that. Also, I guess they might send out all waitlist emails already. I hope this helps.

iliketopology
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:56 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by iliketopology » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:25 pm

Can I ask if anyone here has an offer from Boston College? And if so what subfield they're interested in? I'm on the waitlist and I'm trying to gauge my odds of being admitted. Any information would be appreciated.

asterac
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:48 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by asterac » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:49 pm

Ahmadreza wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:47 pm
reluctantforumuser wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:41 pm
Ahmadreza wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:15 pm
Does anyone know what is going on in UT Austin?
Last contact I had, the DGS said they would be making a second round of offers and to check in if I hadn't heard anything by April 1st.
Did they send you a waitlist email?
I know someone who just got in on Monday (4/12), but I have no idea if all decisions have been delivered by now. However, as you may have also gathered, it seems a fair few people have received a portal rejection without an email.

quanticbolt
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:48 am

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by quanticbolt » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:02 pm

Has anyone heard any news from UofT? It's been radio silence from them and there's only one PhD acceptance on GC...

SLSC
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:17 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by SLSC » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:35 pm

quanticbolt wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:02 pm
Has anyone heard any news from UofT? It's been radio silence from them and there's only one PhD acceptance on GC...
Assuming you mean Toronto I emailed them a couple weeks ago and they told me they are still reviewing and decisions will be out by the end of April.

SLSC
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:17 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by SLSC » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:38 pm

Does anyone know anything about USC? I just accepted an offer today but I would really like to go to USC instead since it’s a better match in terms of research interest. I emailed them a few days ago but have not heard anything.

dumbquestionsonly
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:58 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by dumbquestionsonly » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:53 am

Did anyone who was waitlisted at UIUC ever hear back? Despite multiple emails, I haven't had any responses at all.

bannanagamma
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:54 pm

Re: Fall 2021 Sweat Thread

Post by bannanagamma » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:22 am

dumbquestionsonly wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:53 am
Did anyone who was waitlisted at UIUC ever hear back? Despite multiple emails, I haven't had any responses at all.
I did hear back with an acceptance. I asked in February what position I was on the waitlist and they said they didn’t have a ranking at that time, so I don’t know how many people heard back or not.



Post Reply