Deadlines

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
babii

Deadlines

Post by babii » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:36 am

Does anyone know what schools mean when they say the deadlines are Dec 1? Is there an exact time? I cant seem to find anything on the websites tho.

One of my recommender still hasnt submitted anything yet, and it's already Dec 1. Am I gonna be ok?

lebesgueboy98

Re: Deadlines

Post by lebesgueboy98 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:37 pm

I think the deadlines are the time YOU have to get YOUR application in. If yours is submitted... I think you should be okay. Obviously make sure your recommender gets it in as soon as possible, though. You can always email the program and ask what to do in this situation. Good luck!

pizzakun

Re: Deadlines

Post by pizzakun » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:43 am

babii wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:36 am
Does anyone know what schools mean when they say the deadlines are Dec 1? Is there an exact time? I cant seem to find anything on the websites tho.

One of my recommender still hasnt submitted anything yet, and it's already Dec 1. Am I gonna be ok?
Imo it usually means 11:59pm of that day of the time zone where the university is located at.

If you're referring to UChicago, (YMMV) they told me that it is okay to be a week or two late. It's somewhat out of our control and departments understands that.