Michigan

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
Post Reply
axiomofchoice
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:05 pm

Michigan

Post by axiomofchoice » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:45 pm

Is there anyone studying number theory who has already received an offer from Michigan after interviewing with them?

kaubrey
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:36 pm

Re: Michigan

Post by kaubrey » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:49 pm

axiomofchoice wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:45 pm
Is there anyone studying number theory who has already received an offer from Michigan after interviewing with them?
Have you poked them? I was offered an interview but was ghosted afterwards.

axiomofchoice
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:05 pm

Re: Michigan

Post by axiomofchoice » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:00 pm

I received an interview, but have not heard from them since. I poked them this past Friday with no reply yet. They were supposed to send us an update by today right?

ches
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:30 am

Re: Michigan

Post by ches » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:53 pm

kaubrey wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:49 pm
axiomofchoice wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:45 pm
Is there anyone studying number theory who has already received an offer from Michigan after interviewing with them?
Have you poked them? I was offered an interview but was ghosted afterwards.
Did you already get a schedule for the interview? I still haven't gotten mine.
axiomofchoice wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:00 pm
I received an interview, but have not heard from them since. I poked them this past Friday with no reply yet. They were supposed to send us an update by today right?
Yeah, I think we should get some updates this week.

tingel
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:50 pm

Re: Michigan

Post by tingel » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:06 pm

ches wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:53 pm
kaubrey wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:49 pm
axiomofchoice wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:45 pm
Is there anyone studying number theory who has already received an offer from Michigan after interviewing with them?
Have you poked them? I was offered an interview but was ghosted afterwards.
Did you already get a schedule for the interview? I still haven't gotten mine.
axiomofchoice wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:00 pm
I received an interview, but have not heard from them since. I poked them this past Friday with no reply yet. They were supposed to send us an update by today right?
Yeah, I think we should get some updates this week.
It's weird that you were offered an interview and haven't gotten a schedule yet, since they said will release decisions by March 14.

I gave 2 interviews about 2 weeks ago but have not heard back about my status since then.

ches
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:30 am

Re: Michigan

Post by ches » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:09 pm

Oh! I hope I get a schedule soon, but I was offered an interview just last week, so maybe that is why I still have not gotten a schedule.

axiomofchoice
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:05 pm

Re: Michigan

Post by axiomofchoice » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:49 pm

ches wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:53 pm
kaubrey wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:49 pm
axiomofchoice wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:45 pm
Is there anyone studying number theory who has already received an offer from Michigan after interviewing with them?
Have you poked them? I was offered an interview but was ghosted afterwards.
Did you already get a schedule for the interview? I still haven't gotten mine.
axiomofchoice wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:00 pm
I received an interview, but have not heard from them since. I poked them this past Friday with no reply yet. They were supposed to send us an update by today right?
Yeah, I think we should get some updates this week.
Yeah, I interviewed with them about two weeks ago as well. Have heard nothing yet :?

kaubrey
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:36 pm

Re: Michigan

Post by kaubrey » Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:29 pm

Well its 6pm now. Did we all get rejected or something? It's annoying that these schools don't even have the decency to reject people on time and leaving people hanging. Especially after paying the $123456789 admissions fee. :evil:

Aftermath
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:57 am

Re: Michigan

Post by Aftermath » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:24 pm

I don't know what this means for the pool as a whole, but I recieved an interview offer today.

axiomofchoice
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:05 pm

Re: Michigan

Post by axiomofchoice » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:23 pm

Just received a rejection — welp good luck to everyone still in the race!

quanticbolt
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:48 am

Re: Michigan

Post by quanticbolt » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:29 pm

Got a rejection last week. Lol oh well.

Aftermath
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:57 am

Re: Michigan

Post by Aftermath » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:52 pm

How long do these interviews usually take? I met with the admissions director today for 10 minutes, felt a bit short. Kind of afraid I bombed it 😅

CoffeeBean
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:42 pm

Re: Michigan

Post by CoffeeBean » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:45 am

I was invited for an interview on the 14th

kaubrey
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:36 pm

Re: Michigan

Post by kaubrey » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:12 pm

I was told I'm waitlisted but also asked if I'll be interested in a masters degree without mentioning of funding.

Literally asking everyone how I should reply and drafting a reply email :(

YellowBee
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:09 am

Re: Michigan

Post by YellowBee » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:07 pm

I was also waitlisted

Aftermath
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:57 am

Re: Michigan

Post by Aftermath » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:34 pm

YellowBee wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:07 pm
I was also waitlisted
If you dont mind my asking, when were you interviewed?

ches
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:30 am

Re: Michigan

Post by ches » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:16 am

To those waitlisted, do you know your rankings or chances of getting in? Thanks! :D

kaubrey
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:36 pm

Re: Michigan

Post by kaubrey » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:20 pm

Anyone heard anything? Still nothing

ches
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:30 am

Re: Michigan

Post by ches » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:50 pm

Still none for me too! :( They said that they will give an update on or before April 15. Do you think it is rude to email them for updates?

kaubrey
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:36 pm

Re: Michigan

Post by kaubrey » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:51 pm

Today is march 31 anyone heard anything?

ches
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:30 am

Re: Michigan

Post by ches » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:28 pm

Anyone off the waitlist (in the AIM program)? :(

ches
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:30 am

Re: Michigan

Post by ches » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:05 pm

Hello again! To those who got offers for the AIM PhD program (and other programs as well), please decline it if you are not planning to go please!!

blackboardrules
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:33 pm

Re: Michigan

Post by blackboardrules » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:48 pm

I’m waitlisted at Michigan as well but haven’t heard from them. They’re my first choice :)

mathphd1
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:50 pm

Re: Michigan

Post by mathphd1 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:12 am

Just turned down my offer for Michigan, hopefully this helps one of you get in!

tingel
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:50 pm

Re: Michigan

Post by tingel » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:31 am

Any update on the pure math waitlist?

blackboardrules
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:33 pm

Re: Michigan

Post by blackboardrules » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:18 pm

tingel wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:31 am
Any update on the pure math waitlist?
Nope.

blackboardrules
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:33 pm

Re: Michigan

Post by blackboardrules » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:44 pm

Got rejected this morning, so I’m gonna go to Wisconsin Madison!



Post Reply