Georgia Tech

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
lzj

Georgia Tech

Post by lzj » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:11 pm

Anyone heard back from Gatech since they made the first round of offers in late January? I emailed them and they just said that I will be notified before April 15, I guess there’s less hope to get in. Is it worth waiting for? I don’t want to wait until the last minute to accept the offer I already had.

axiomofchoice

Re: Georgia Tech

Post by axiomofchoice » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:13 pm

If it’s any help to you, my friend was accepted and plans to turn down their offer soon.

bigbang

Post by bigbang » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:19 pm

lzj wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:11 pm
Anyone heard back from Gatech since they made the first round of offers in late January? I emailed them and they just said that I will be notified before April 15, I guess there’s less hope to get in. Is it worth waiting for? I don’t want to wait until the last minute to accept the offer I already had.
I had mailed them in Feb last week and had received exactly the same response. Anyways, since they don't seem to have sent any rejections yet, I don't think one can assume being on their waiting list.

bigbang

Post by bigbang » Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:56 am

lzj wrote:
Did anyone hear from Georgia Tech (for pure math) recently? Did they send out any offers after their first wave?

pengb99

Post by pengb99 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:54 am

bigbang wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:56 am
lzj wrote:
Did anyone hear from Georgia Tech (for pure math) recently? Did they send out any offers after their first wave?
My friend was admitted several days ago, but he declined.

Fibonacci_topology

Post by Fibonacci_topology » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:27 am

pengb99 wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:54 am
bigbang wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:56 am
lzj wrote:
My friend was admitted several days ago, but he declined.
I plan on declining my offer from Georgia Tech after being admitted to UW today.