Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
Post Reply
Instantxkarma
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:20 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Instantxkarma » Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:23 pm

rhombusdondus wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:32 pm
Admitted to CU Boulder applied math.
Did you get interviewed or just accepted? I'm still on radio silence mode from them and freaking out, though it seems they have maybe sent multi rounds of acceptances in past years.

rhombusdondus
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:17 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by rhombusdondus » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:46 pm

Instantxkarma wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:23 pm
rhombusdondus wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:32 pm
Admitted to CU Boulder applied math.
Did you get interviewed or just accepted? I'm still on radio silence mode from them and freaking out, though it seems they have maybe sent multi rounds of acceptances in past years.
Accepted without any interviews (I'm a US citizen).

Koala0520
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:02 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Koala0520 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:12 pm

DOCTORFM wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:28 pm
asleep wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:47 pm
Are the MIT results out so far for Pure or Applied?
I believe the first round of offers has been sent out for pure math.
Thank god. Can I assume offers for applied are coming soon?

Instantxkarma
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:20 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Instantxkarma » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:11 pm

rhombusdondus wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:46 pm
Instantxkarma wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:23 pm
rhombusdondus wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:32 pm
Admitted to CU Boulder applied math.
Did you get interviewed or just accepted? I'm still on radio silence mode from them and freaking out, though it seems they have maybe sent multi rounds of acceptances in past years.
Accepted without any interviews (I'm a US citizen).
Likewise a citizen. That makes me feel a tiny bit better at least. They're so inconsistent with dates/interviews/ the whole process, lord knows what radio silence at this point even means other than I'm not in the first round, hah.

Instantxkarma
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:20 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Instantxkarma » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:22 pm

Dragan wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:13 pm
nonickels wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:07 pm
Dragan wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:44 pm


I was contacted and interviewed informally by a POI a week ago or so.
So in the case of people that have not been contacted, is that typically an indicator of rejection? Also congratulations that sounds promising!
Absolutely not! He actually told me that the committee still reviewing applications. Plus this was for the applied math department, not pure math, so things might be different over there.
Sorry, I'm bugging every boulder person in this thread. Did you get any news from applied math yet? They are my one and only app so I'm in full panic mode seeing people getting results, lol.

uhoh.spaghettio
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:19 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by uhoh.spaghettio » Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:38 am

MathQueen wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:03 pm
Has anyone else heard from Georgia Tech? I've only seen the one acceptance on GradCafe.
i got rejected on 1/27 !

Helpmepls
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:04 am

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Helpmepls » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:42 am

hilberthotel wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:49 pm
I've been waitlisted at UMass Amherst, but I was told that my application was very strong(understandable, small cohort).
I really want to go to Amherst. What's the legality/morality of changing offers after April 15?
idk about the legality; however, i've heard of it being done all the way up into the first week of a semester: i.e. someone dropping out of a program just after starting to move across the country for another program. Morally, I think it's not a great move. It could leave a bad taste in a department's mouth, but I don't think it's a permanent mar on your character as an academic.

dreamer
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:04 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by dreamer » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:04 am

You can see admissions statistics for 2023-2024 Georgia Tech. This is weird. Can we believe it? Are the numbers (acceptance rate) gonna gradually increase?
https://lite.gatech.edu/lite_script/das ... stats.html

FieldsMedalist
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:14 am

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by FieldsMedalist » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:40 am

hilberthotel wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:49 pm
I've been waitlisted at UMass Amherst, but I was told that my application was very strong(understandable, small cohort).
I really want to go to Amherst. What's the legality/morality of changing offers after April 15?
So they sent out all their acceptances? I still didn't receive anything from them, not even waitlist. Does this mean rejection :( ?

hilberthotel
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:57 am

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by hilberthotel » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:23 am

FieldsMedalist wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:40 am
hilberthotel wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:49 pm
I've been waitlisted at UMass Amherst, but I was told that my application was very strong(understandable, small cohort).
I really want to go to Amherst. What's the legality/morality of changing offers after April 15?
So they sent out all their acceptances? I still didn't receive anything from them, not even waitlist. Does this mean rejection :( ?
1) I believe so.
2) I didn't receive a response either. I emailed my POI asking if I had a chance as I have another offer, and that prof keeps insisting I make an early decision, but I really want to go Amherst.
Last edited by hilberthotel on Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Helpmepls
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:04 am

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Helpmepls » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:37 am

dreamer wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:04 am
You can see admissions statistics for 2023-2024 Georgia Tech. This is weird. Can we believe it? Are the numbers (acceptance rate) gonna gradually increase?
https://lite.gatech.edu/lite_script/das ... stats.html
I applied to the ACO program, I can't say for sure, but I think I'm waitlisted because other people here have been rejected, and I've not received a rejection yet. I anticipate that as they go down the waitlist they number of admitted students will go up some; however, this is all just a guess.

dreamer
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:04 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by dreamer » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:00 am

Helpmepls wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:37 am
dreamer wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:04 am
You can see admissions statistics for 2023-2024 Georgia Tech. This is weird. Can we believe it? Are the numbers (acceptance rate) gonna gradually increase?
https://lite.gatech.edu/lite_script/das ... stats.html
I applied to the ACO program, I can't say for sure, but I think I'm waitlisted because other people here have been rejected, and I've not received a rejection yet. I anticipate that as they go down the waitlist they number of admitted students will go up some; however, this is all just a guess.
Lets hope they will admit more students, because for my program (Operations Research) current acceptance rate is ridiculous compared to previous years.

MathQueen
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:30 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by MathQueen » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:24 am

Anybody hear from CUNY or Boston University yet? Also I really hope that that massive increase in applicants to Georgia Tech doesn't reflect a general trend for this application cycle :shock:

Scathrules
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:11 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Scathrules » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:07 pm

MathQueen wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:24 am
Anybody hear from CUNY or Boston University yet? Also I really hope that that massive increase in applicants to Georgia Tech doesn't reflect a general trend for this application cycle :shock:
Applied math people seem to have heard back from BU but not sure about pure math. I personally suspect that BU has released decisions for pure math tho since the pure and applied groups are under the same department.

newtonjeep
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:21 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by newtonjeep » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:45 pm

FieldsMedalist wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:40 am
hilberthotel wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:49 pm
I've been waitlisted at UMass Amherst, but I was told that my application was very strong(understandable, small cohort).
I really want to go to Amherst. What's the legality/morality of changing offers after April 15?
So they sent out all their acceptances? I still didn't receive anything from them, not even waitlist. Does this mean rejection :( ?
What makes you say that they sent out acceptances? I've seen nothing here or gradcafe to indicate that any acceptances/rejections have been sent.

LetMeIn2401
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:22 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by LetMeIn2401 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:32 pm

Michigan had fewer applicants this year. Application numbers fluctuate a lot. No point in caring about this stuff.

hilberthotel
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:57 am

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by hilberthotel » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:58 pm

newtonjeep wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:45 pm
FieldsMedalist wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:40 am
hilberthotel wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:49 pm
I've been waitlisted at UMass Amherst, but I was told that my application was very strong(understandable, small cohort).
I really want to go to Amherst. What's the legality/morality of changing offers after April 15?
So they sent out all their acceptances? I still didn't receive anything from them, not even waitlist. Does this mean rejection :( ?
What makes you say that they sent out acceptances? I've seen nothing here or gradcafe to indicate that any acceptances/rejections have been sent.
It's a small cohort(10 admits, according to their website). You don't always know about small cohorts on Grad Cafe or here. Boston College has also sent out a round, but we haven't seen it here.

Waittohear
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:08 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Waittohear » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:27 pm

dreamer wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:00 am
Helpmepls wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:37 am
dreamer wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:04 am
You can see admissions statistics for 2023-2024 Georgia Tech. This is weird. Can we believe it? Are the numbers (acceptance rate) gonna gradually increase?
https://lite.gatech.edu/lite_script/das ... stats.html
I applied to the ACO program, I can't say for sure, but I think I'm waitlisted because other people here have been rejected, and I've not received a rejection yet. I anticipate that as they go down the waitlist they number of admitted students will go up some; however, this is all just a guess.
Lets hope they will admit more students, because for my program (Operations Research) current acceptance rate is ridiculous compared to previous years.
I assumed ACO just hadn't gotten back? Has anyone emailed or seen an ACO result?

Boplicity
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:46 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Boplicity » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:02 am

newtonjeep wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:45 pm
FieldsMedalist wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:40 am
hilberthotel wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:49 pm
I've been waitlisted at UMass Amherst, but I was told that my application was very strong(understandable, small cohort).
I really want to go to Amherst. What's the legality/morality of changing offers after April 15?
So they sent out all their acceptances? I still didn't receive anything from them, not even waitlist. Does this mean rejection :( ?
What makes you say that they sent out acceptances? I've seen nothing here or gradcafe to indicate that any acceptances/rejections have been sent.
Idk if they sent out all of their acceptances, but I was unofficially accepted January 22 and officially 24

Biset
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:41 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Biset » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:48 pm

Hello, has anyone heard anything from University of Virginia?
According to GradCafe posts, two years ago the rejections and acceptances were sent out last week or next week. Checking the applicants profile on this website, it seems like some got admitted to University of Minnesota.Does anyone receive any rejection or waitlisted updates from them?

newtonjeep
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:21 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by newtonjeep » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:53 pm

Biset wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:48 pm
Hello, has anyone heard anything from University of Virginia?
According to GradCafe posts, two years ago the rejections and acceptances were sent out last week or next week. Checking the applicants profile on this website, it seems like some got admitted to University of Minnesota.Does anyone receive any rejection or waitlisted updates from them?
I've heard/seen nothing yet.

1773520685
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:47 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by 1773520685 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:41 pm

Someone was accepted to Columbia pure math according to gradcafe. Anyone knows more about Columbia? They sent out the first wave yesterday?

HilbertIrred
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:42 am

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by HilbertIrred » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:40 am

Anything from Boston University?

brumer_stark
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:52 am

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by brumer_stark » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:17 am

Has anyone here been interviewed by LSGNT?

Dragan
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:13 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Dragan » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:40 pm

Instantxkarma wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:22 pm
Dragan wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:13 pm
nonickels wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:07 pm


So in the case of people that have not been contacted, is that typically an indicator of rejection? Also congratulations that sounds promising!
Absolutely not! He actually told me that the committee still reviewing applications. Plus this was for the applied math department, not pure math, so things might be different over there.
Sorry, I'm bugging every boulder person in this thread. Did you get any news from applied math yet? They are my one and only app so I'm in full panic mode seeing people getting results, lol.
I am international and got accepted to CU Boulder. I was interviewed (more of a chat about their department than an interview actually) after they sent the offer.
Last edited by Dragan on Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragan
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:13 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Dragan » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:41 pm

asleep wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:13 pm
Received offer from NYU Courant about 10 minutes ago!
Congrats that sounds awesome !!!

Koala0520
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:02 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Koala0520 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:14 pm

Got an email from Duke a couple of hours ago, being waitlisted...

Instantxkarma
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:20 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Instantxkarma » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:27 pm

Dragan wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:40 pm
Instantxkarma wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:22 pm
Dragan wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:13 pm


Absolutely not! He actually told me that the committee still reviewing applications. Plus this was for the applied math department, not pure math, so things might be different over there.
Sorry, I'm bugging every boulder person in this thread. Did you get any news from applied math yet? They are my one and only app so I'm in full panic mode seeing people getting results, lol.
I am international and got accepted to CU Boulder. I was interviewed (more of a chat about their department than an interview actually) after they sent the offer.
Whelp, I'm gonna assume it's bad news for me then :?

yjj82333akdc
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:15 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by yjj82333akdc » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:17 pm

Koala0520 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:14 pm
Got an email from Duke a couple of hours ago, being waitlisted...
When did you get interviewed? I got an interview 10 days ago, but still waiting for them.

Kaleiss
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:11 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Kaleiss » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:34 pm

Informed by email that I am waitlisted by MIT...Please don't give me hopium...

xbq22
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:03 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by xbq22 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:13 pm

That caltech rejection letter definitely hits different.

Instantxkarma
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:20 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Instantxkarma » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:21 pm

Instantxkarma wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:27 pm
Dragan wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:40 pm
Instantxkarma wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:22 pm


Sorry, I'm bugging every boulder person in this thread. Did you get any news from applied math yet? They are my one and only app so I'm in full panic mode seeing people getting results, lol.
I am international and got accepted to CU Boulder. I was interviewed (more of a chat about their department than an interview actually) after they sent the offer.
Whelp, I'm gonna assume it's bad news for me then :?
I guess all this pessimism worked, got my admit this afternoon!

xues047
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:43 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by xues047 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:24 pm

xbq22 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:13 pm
That caltech rejection letter definitely hits different.
Why so? I was neither accepted nor rejected. Is there anyone else in the same situation?

Koala0520
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:02 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Koala0520 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:56 pm

yjj82333akdc wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:17 pm
Koala0520 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:14 pm
Got an email from Duke a couple of hours ago, being waitlisted...
When did you get interviewed? I got an interview 10 days ago, but still waiting for them.

I was interviewed about a month ago. It seems like they process applications very slowly lol. So don’t worry!

spicyguava
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:24 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by spicyguava » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:56 pm

Should I give up hope if I haven't gotten an interview invite from Duke yet? It sounds like they are already making decisions based on multiple interview rounds and it's been radio silent for me from them, so I'm assuming I should just take that as a soft rejection.

macmath7
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:13 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by macmath7 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:01 pm

Anybody hear anything about UCONN or Brandeis? It's been radio silence from most schools for me and I'm getting worried.

xbq22
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:03 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by xbq22 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:32 pm

spicyguava wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:56 pm
Should I give up hope if I haven't gotten an interview invite from Duke yet? It sounds like they are already making decisions based on multiple interview rounds and it's been radio silent for me from them, so I'm assuming I should just take that as a soft rejection.
this is what im doing ://

Also, berkeley rejections came out, so if you didn't get rejected I presume you are on some sort of waitlist.

Koala0520
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:02 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Koala0520 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:50 pm

Just rejected by Berkeley. First rejection letter.

xbq22
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:03 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by xbq22 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:57 pm

Koala0520 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:50 pm
Just rejected by Berkeley. First rejection letter.
where else did you apply?

linablex
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:38 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by linablex » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:18 am

I saw one person on GradCafe got accepted by UW-Madison. Has anyone heard from them yet?

yjj82333akdc
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:15 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by yjj82333akdc » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:25 am

Koala0520 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:56 pm
yjj82333akdc wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:17 pm
Koala0520 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:14 pm
Got an email from Duke a couple of hours ago, being waitlisted...
When did you get interviewed? I got an interview 10 days ago, but still waiting for them.

I was interviewed about a month ago. It seems like they process applications very slowly lol. So don’t worry!
Thanks for the reply. It also seems they are processing applications for multiple rounds.

Walby6
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:22 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Walby6 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:56 am

linablex wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:18 am
I saw one person on GradCafe got accepted by UW-Madison. Has anyone heard from them yet?
I was the post on grad cafe. Received an email tonight, official letter with funding will come in a couple weeks.

Alexander
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:45 am

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Alexander » Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:26 am

Does anyone know the Rutgers University Newark

I wish I can learn some complex differential geometry, I never heard this school before, so how about the geometry group in Newark?And how about the funding/TA ship in there?

Thanks for sharing.

Waittohear
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:08 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Waittohear » Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:08 am

When are people who have heard nothing from schools that have long since sent out acceptances and rejections planning to start emailing them to ask whether they are on the waitlist?
I mean I think we are de facto, but still.

Helpmepls
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:04 am

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Helpmepls » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:16 am

Waittohear wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:08 am
When are people who have heard nothing from schools that have long since sent out acceptances and rejections planning to start emailing them to ask whether they are on the waitlist?
I mean I think we are de facto, but still.
I've begun just this week. So if you wanted to start inquiring, at least you wouldn't be the first.

yyh214
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:21 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by yyh214 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:40 am

Does anyone know how likely Yale takes people from the waitlist for pure math? Based on the website, Yale had a very small cohort for past years but I am wondering how many people they usually send offers to and how long the waitlist is.

Koala0520
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:02 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Koala0520 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:06 am

xbq22 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:57 pm
Koala0520 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:50 pm
Just rejected by Berkeley. First rejection letter.
where else did you apply?
I applied to 11 schools in total (applied math). So far I got offer from brown, waitlisted by duke and rej from Berkeley. I still haven’t heard back from MIT, Harvard, Courant(I assume I have been rejected) UCLA, Princeton, JHU, Stanford, and UPenn.

Waittohear
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:08 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Waittohear » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:32 am

Koala0520 wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:06 am
xbq22 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:57 pm
Koala0520 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:50 pm
Just rejected by Berkeley. First rejection letter.
where else did you apply?
I applied to 11 schools in total (applied math). So far I got offer from brown, waitlisted by duke and rej from Berkeley. I still haven’t heard back from MIT, Harvard, Courant(I assume I have been rejected) UCLA, Princeton, JHU, Stanford, and UPenn.
Brown is one of the most supportive and welcoming environments among graduate schools I have encountered. If you are at all interested in AG, Algebraic Combinatorics, or another represented field I would highly consider it! That is an incredible result.

Waittohear
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:08 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Waittohear » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:32 am

yyh214 wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:40 am
Does anyone know how likely Yale takes people from the waitlist for pure math? Based on the website, Yale had a very small cohort for past years but I am wondering how many people they usually send offers to and how long the waitlist is.
Based on what I've heard from many people, the student experience at Yale is pretty terrible.

Koala0520
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:02 pm

Re: Fall 2023 Sweat Thread

Post by Koala0520 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:47 am

Waittohear wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:32 am
Koala0520 wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:06 am
xbq22 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:57 pm


where else did you apply?
I applied to 11 schools in total (applied math). So far I got offer from brown, waitlisted by duke and rej from Berkeley. I still haven’t heard back from MIT, Harvard, Courant(I assume I have been rejected) UCLA, Princeton, JHU, Stanford, and UPenn.
Brown is one of the most supportive and welcoming environments among graduate schools I have encountered. If you are at all interested in AG, Algebraic Combinatorics, or another represented field I would highly consider it! That is an incredible result.
WOW that sounds nice. I also have heard a lot of good things about brown. My focus is mainly on applied math, which they are famous for I think? But not sure which specific field they are good at. Do u have any idea? Also I wonder the supportive environment you talked about is for the applied math dept or math dept.



Post Reply