I'm pretty sure this means you're waitlisted. I emailed and was told that I was waitlisted
That sounds insane. My professor told me that many schools have two waitlists - one that they would admit if people decline offers and another that they would only admit if things come to the worst. They may email the first waitlist people and just keep the other ones waiting.
Lol they ghosted me after I asked them about whether they’ve made a shortlistScathrules wrote: ↑Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:48 pmI'm pretty sure this means you're waitlisted. I emailed and was told that I was waitlisted
At least the suffering will be over in a week
It was the grad program assistant asking if I have accepted any offers elsewhere.
(like I don’t have any offers elsewhere )
But yeah two years ago rutgers was also sending this to ask if anyone is still staying on their waitlist and that one went nowhere so I’m not sure if it’s personal or not
I’m on the waitlist and I’ve received no email yet. I assume this means I’m pretty far down their waitlist and I’m unlikely to get in. I STILL haven’t received an offer from any programs and Boulder is one of my last shots this year, so please let them know soon if you intend to attend somewhere else to give poor folks like me a chance.
It's legal, and I know someone who did it. I might end up doing it myself as I accepted an offer today. (Not gonna chance things going wrong at the last minute.)
I wouldn't necessarily call it ethical no, and I would avoid doing it if you can. However, what are you to do when colleges don't get back to you by their agreed April 15th deadline? Imo you have to accept an offer if you have one. It would be ridiculous to insinuate that in order to be ethical a student make no choice and hold out on a what-if. Furthermore, from my personal perspective, my school choice isn't solely being influenced by academics. If there is a school which allows me to get an equivalent education and be nearer to my family and longterm girlfriend then my personal ethics prioritize them.veenzaan wrote: ↑Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:18 am
I also find this whole process a bit strange. If we knew what our odds were many of us wouldn't be put in this situation. For instance if you knew "I'm #1 on the waitlist" it makes a good deal of sense to not accept an offer. As it stands the process is a blackbox to me, and this decision will affect several facets of my life for the next 5 to 6 years. It makes sense to me then to make a decision that is best for me and the people I care deeply about.
Edit: to be clear, you should always inform both schools of your situation and ask for permission from your initial acceptance's grad director. What I'm saying applies mostly to receiving an offer after the 15th as well which was my friend's situation.