Rutgers University

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
thl049

Rutgers University

Post by thl049 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:13 am

Hello, I currently have two acceptances: Rutgers University(Math) and Stony Brook University(Computer Science).
I know pretty well how Stony Brook University is, but I have no clue how Rutgers Math program is.
I have some questions and was wondering if anyone could help.

1) What area of mathematics is Rutgers strong in? I am mostly interested in the applied side of math(PDE, mathematical optimization, etc...), and I looked into the list of research areas, and I see some professors in PDE.

2) Does anyone know the culture of Rutgers?

Thank you in advance!

Helpmepls

Re: Rutgers University

Post by Helpmepls » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:00 pm

thl049 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:13 am
Hello, I currently have two acceptances: Rutgers University(Math) and Stony Brook University(Computer Science).
I know pretty well how Stony Brook University is, but I have no clue how Rutgers Math program is.

1) What area of mathematics is Rutgers strong in? I am mostly interested in the applied side of math(PDE, mathematical optimization, etc...), and I looked into the list of research areas, and I see some professors in PDE.

Thank you in advance!
I don't know their culture well; however, I do know that they're very strong in combinatorics.

Dragan

Re: Rutgers University

Post by Dragan » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:12 pm

thl049 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:13 am

Thank you in advance!
Haïm Brezis (a god in analysis and PDEs) is in Rutgers :D :D. If you wanna do pure PDEs, you should definitely go to Rutgers.