Funding at Oxford for the DPhil

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
mathappfrombrazil

Funding at Oxford for the DPhil

Post by mathappfrombrazil » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:19 pm

Does anyone here know how difficult it is to secure funding after an offer of acceptance at Oxford? For one, I don't know exactly what the size of a cohort tends to be. I am an international applicant so funding seems scarcer, and looking through all the scholarships, the only one not related to specific colleges that I would seem to be eligible for is the Clarendon Fund. They seem to have awarded 0-5 scholarships for the DPhil in maths out of 200 total scholarships per year in recent years, but all of them were for students outside the UK.

Also, it's unusual that the Clarendon Fund says on its timeline page that they send out decisions late April. This would be after both the US general deadline and the Oxford deadline for acceptance. So we would have to accept being unsure whether we will actually get funding or not?

mathappfrombrazil

Re: Funding at Oxford for the DPhil

Post by mathappfrombrazil » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:59 pm

For anyone wondering, I emailed them on these questions yesterday. They said all first round funding and scholarships have been allocated, including Clarendon. I seem to be on some sort of waitlist for them and most of the remaining ones will be arranged by mid-April, but they also said the chance funding for overseas students seems low.