Is this work good for PhD and how useful it is in quantum computing. Thank you.

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
Geometer1

Is this work good for PhD and how useful it is in quantum computing. Thank you.

Post by Geometer1 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:52 am

Your proposal suggests using qubit calculus to describe the behavior of identical particles, specifically fermions and bosons. In this approach, fermions and bosons are seen as derivatives of qubits.
One example of how this method can be applied is in calculating the wave function for a system of identical particles. The wave function for a system of N identical particles can be written as:
(x1, 1, x2, 2, ..., xN, N)
where xi represents the position of the ith particle and i represents its spin. In traditional quantum mechanics, the wave function must be antisymmetric for fermions and symmetric for bosons. However, in the qubit calculus approach, the wave function is expressed using qubit derivatives, which automatically take into account the particle statistics.
The qubit derivative of a function f(x) is defined as:
D(f) = (1/2) * (f(x+) - f(x-))
where is a small number. The qubit derivative satisfies the following prop-
erties:
D(f+g) = D(f) + D(g) D(fg) = fD(g) + gD(f) Using the qubit calculus
approach, the wave function for a system of identical particles can be written as:
= (1/N!) () DN [(x, )]
where N is the number of particles, represents the spin states of the particles, and (x, ) is a function that describes the spatial and spin properties of the particles. The sum is taken over all permutations of the spin states.
This expression automatically takes into account the particle statistics, as fermions and bosons are differentiated by the order of the derivatives. For fermions, the derivatives must be anti-symmetric, while for bosons they must be symmetric.
Another example of how qubit calculus can be used to describe the behavior of identical particles is in calculating the exchange energy. The exchange energy is the energy associated with the exchange of two identical particles. In tradi- tional quantum mechanics, the exchange energy is calculated using the Slater determinant. However, in the qubit calculus approach, the exchange energy can be expressed using qubit derivatives.
The exchange energy for a system of N identical particles can be written as: Eex = V d - i=1N V(1i) d
where V is the potential energy, is the wave function for the system, and
V(1i) is the potential energy between particle i and all other particles in the sys- tem except itself. The exchange energy can be expressed using qubit derivatives as:
Eex = (1/4) i,j=1N (1±Pij) D2[(x, )]V (rij)D2[(x, )]d
where rij is the distance between particles i and j, Pij is the permutation operator, and the ± sign is chosen for bosons and fermions, respectively.
This expression shows that the exchange energy is related to the second derivative of the wave function with respect to the position of the particles, which is consistent with the behavior of identical particles. The qubit calculus
approach provides a simple and elegant way to describe the behavior of identical particles in a way that is consistent with their statistics