2024 Sweat Thread

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
dolbeault
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:36 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by dolbeault » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:44 pm

MathMinds10 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:31 pm
Has anyone *recently* heard from UPenn or Georgia Tech (pure math)? Trying to decide if I'm on the waitlist or soft rejected (like we're all wondering). Thanks!
I would be incredibly surprised if we who haven't even been interviewed by Penn have any hope lol
Might be worth an inquiry I guess

math_matic_tw24
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:23 am

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by math_matic_tw24 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:23 pm

Got my first acceptance. Top 40-50. Very Happy! Had been waitlisted everywhere else otherwise. What a fucking frustrating period of time!

motive
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:27 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by motive » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:32 pm

MathMinds10 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:31 pm
Has anyone *recently* heard from UPenn or Georgia Tech (pure math)? Trying to decide if I'm on the waitlist or soft rejected (like we're all wondering). Thanks!
I received an official admission to Penn on the portal last week. I had an interview with the department in early February and was invited out to Penn to meet some faculty a week following the initial interview.

activator73
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:29 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by activator73 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:33 pm

MathMinds10 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:31 pm
Has anyone *recently* heard from UPenn or Georgia Tech (pure math)? Trying to decide if I'm on the waitlist or soft rejected (like we're all wondering). Thanks!
I got a really weird thing a couple days ago from Georgia Tech inviting me to a paid summer school in Algebra/Analysis after which they *might* accept me to their Master's or PhD. Will not be accepting that

pinkman
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:38 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by pinkman » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:13 am

If you receive an offer from Columbia and aren't going, please kindly decline. It's my only hope now. Thanks.

jasongao119
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:44 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by jasongao119 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:46 pm

Has anyone not yet heard back from Courant pure math? I understand that they've already had their open house couple weeks ago... Should I just email them?

GRandom
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:39 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by GRandom » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:23 pm

Have anyone hear back from Rutgers recently? I haven’t seen anyone receive an offer in March like previous years …

wwz
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:43 am

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by wwz » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:18 pm

Anyone has not heard from UCSD math? No acceptance or rejection for me. I reached out to the graduate coordinator but got no useful information. Wondering if they will send out more offers before April 15th.

Martenjool
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:20 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by Martenjool » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 pm

Hi y'all, is anyone else on the Michigan AIM wait-list? They just sent out an email yesterday saying they would make another round of offers soon. I'm just trying to gauge if those have started going out yet.

jnewey
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:47 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by jnewey » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:50 pm

Martenjool wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 pm
Hi y'all, is anyone else on the Michigan AIM wait-list? They just sent out an email yesterday saying they would make another round of offers soon. I'm just trying to gauge if those have started going out yet.
I am also on the waitlist. I have not heard anything. Do you have other places you are considering or is it just Michigan?

yellowdoor9
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:00 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by yellowdoor9 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 pm

Hey just a reminder to turn down any offers that you know you won't accept. Best of luck to those on waitlists!

georgedora
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:44 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by georgedora » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 pm

If you're not planning to accept the University of Missouri offer, please decline. It's my last hope. Thanks.

Martenjool
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:20 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by Martenjool » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:17 am

jnewey wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:50 pm
Martenjool wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 pm
Hi y'all, is anyone else on the Michigan AIM wait-list? They just sent out an email yesterday saying they would make another round of offers soon. I'm just trying to gauge if those have started going out yet.
I am also on the waitlist. I have not heard anything. Do you have other places you are considering or is it just Michigan?
Michigan is my top choice, but I've got a few other offers that I'm trying to parse out the best option.

schakraborty091199
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:20 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by schakraborty091199 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:37 pm

Anyone heard back on the Northwestern ESAM waitlist yet? This is apart from the February and January rejections.

IsaacNewton
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:57 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by IsaacNewton » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:08 am

If anyone has better offer than CUNY please decline it. I would be grateful.

z2xz2
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:24 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by z2xz2 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:30 pm

IsaacNewton wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:08 am
If anyone has better offer than CUNY please decline it. I would be grateful.
Did you receive a direct email saying you were waitlisted?

IsaacNewton
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:57 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by IsaacNewton » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:58 am

z2xz2 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:30 pm
IsaacNewton wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:08 am
If anyone has better offer than CUNY please decline it. I would be grateful.
Did you receive a direct email saying you were waitlisted?
No email. i have emailed them and they told me.

What about you?

Conanthelibrarian
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:43 am

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by Conanthelibrarian » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:19 am

Last two weeks of the admissions season. Good luck to everyone still waiting on a decision! Hopefully we’ll get something or the other by the 15th!

coffeebeanbag
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:54 am

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by coffeebeanbag » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:25 am

Please kindly decline your upenn,stony brook, or rutgers offer if you have been admitted but do not plan to attend. Much appreciated!

georgedora
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:44 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by georgedora » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:11 pm

If you have decided not to accept the offer of IU, Bloomington, would you please kindly decline it? Indiana University is my dream school, thank you very much.

pinkman
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:38 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by pinkman » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:23 pm

Please kindly decline the offer, if you are not going to Stony Brook, UC Irvine, Rutgers or UT Austin.

The last two weeks! Good luck to everyone!

Conanthelibrarian
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:43 am

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by Conanthelibrarian » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:01 pm

pinkman wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:23 pm
Please kindly decline the offer, if you are not going to Stony Brook, UC Irvine, Rutgers or UT Austin.

The last two weeks! Good luck to everyone!
Did Stony Brook give any indication of where you were on the waitlist?

schakraborty091199
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:20 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by schakraborty091199 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:51 pm

Please decline UMN and NW ESAM if you have somewhere better you would like to go! NW is my dream school. Thank you. I’ve declined IU Bloomington, Michigan State, Alabama, and Penn State.

cleveryb
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:47 am

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by cleveryb » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:35 pm

It seems tons of people are waitlisted by SUNY. It's not responsible for the applicants, for they even not give an official waitlist message.

yellowdoor9
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:00 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by yellowdoor9 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:41 pm

Does anyone know how likely it is to get off a waitlist in general? I know it's a vague question, but is it normal for universities to accept a few people from the waitlist every year?

SeePlusPlus
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:07 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by SeePlusPlus » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:49 pm

yellowdoor9 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:41 pm
Does anyone know how likely it is to get off a waitlist in general? I know it's a vague question, but is it normal for universities to accept a few people from the waitlist every year?
Are you waiting on Utah? I had a friend who just visited and talked to some of the other admits, apparently they all planned on trimming offers this week, so hopefully we can hear soon!

pinkman
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:38 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by pinkman » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:24 am

Conanthelibrarian wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:01 pm
pinkman wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:23 pm
Please kindly decline the offer, if you are not going to Stony Brook, UC Irvine, Rutgers or UT Austin.

The last two weeks! Good luck to everyone!
Did Stony Brook give any indication of where you were on the waitlist?
They said it’s a small, non-zero chance, and they wouldn’t make another round of offers until 4.15

vigi
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:29 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by vigi » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:49 pm

Got an email from UPenn today asking if i was still interested

dolbeault
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:36 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by dolbeault » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:53 pm

vigi wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:49 pm
Got an email from UPenn today asking if i was still interested
Were you previously invited to open house/interview?

vigi
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:29 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by vigi » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:21 pm

dolbeault wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:53 pm
vigi wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:49 pm
Got an email from UPenn today asking if i was still interested
Were you previously invited to open house/interview?
No

aerh
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:51 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by aerh » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:35 pm

deleted
Last edited by aerh on Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conanthelibrarian
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:43 am

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by Conanthelibrarian » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:57 am

aerh wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:35 pm
pinkman wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:24 am
Conanthelibrarian wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:01 pm


Did Stony Brook give any indication of where you were on the waitlist?
They said it’s a small, non-zero chance, and they wouldn’t make another round of offers until 4.15
Was the email saying that there is a planned date of 4.15 when the will release offers (if they do at all), or more that it would come around then or later?
For me they just said early April. They only said that since getting a spot from the waitlist is not guaranteed, I should accept other offers. They didn’t mention anything about the chances of getting in from the waitlist, but I didn’t follow up asking about my odds or position in the waitlist.

Also, anyone receive word from Georgia Tech yet?

smoothstructure
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:44 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by smoothstructure » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:39 pm

Just declined admission to CU Boulder, hopefully this helps someone get off a waitlist!!!

math_matic_tw24
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:23 am

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by math_matic_tw24 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:44 pm

smoothstructure wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:39 pm
Just declined admission to CU Boulder, hopefully this helps someone get off a waitlist!!!
I have a good offer, but I am waitlisted there. Hopefully in good standing, they are my top choice.

math_matic_tw24
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:23 am

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by math_matic_tw24 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:45 pm

yellowdoor9 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:41 pm
Does anyone know how likely it is to get off a waitlist in general? I know it's a vague question, but is it normal for universities to accept a few people from the waitlist every year?
I got off the waitlist, although they hinted I was in a high position within it. Might be worth asking where you stand?

lhuynh
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:06 am

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by lhuynh » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:29 am

Hi,

Have anyone heard back from UCSD recently? I emailed them but got no responses... They only accepted <10% of the applicants last year, not sure if they are going to do that again this year. If so, then I think my chance of getting in is very slim...

jgroot
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:34 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by jgroot » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:39 pm

Anyone heard from TAMU? Or did anyone write an inquiry email and do get an reply? I haven’t heard from them since I submitted my application in December… And I wrote them two emails this week to inquire informations, but no words come back… Really sweating here, if anyone have made successful contact with their coordinators, please let me know to which email address you send the message, thank you!

rekker
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:54 am

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by rekker » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:49 am

Anyone heard any updates for Utah and UVA waitlists?

Martenjool
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:20 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by Martenjool » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:27 pm

About to decline Purdue and Stonybrook, hope this helps!

dolbeault
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:36 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by dolbeault » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:28 pm

UPenn rejection on GradCafe... Still silent here :shock: brace for impact

notgoodnotbad
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:38 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by notgoodnotbad » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:50 pm

If you have an offer from UNC Chapel Hill and are planning on attending elsewhere, please decline before April 15th. It is my dream school. Best of luck to everyone else on waitlists.

schakraborty091199
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:20 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by schakraborty091199 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:16 pm

dolbeault wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:28 pm
UPenn rejection on GradCafe... Still silent here :shock: brace for impact
Same. I’m confused why I haven’t been rejected lol.

JohnNash
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:41 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by JohnNash » Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:44 pm

Hello does anyone know if admission decisions ever come out on weekend? ( Saturday and Sunday)
If not that means that 8-12 April is the last period of time when we should wait for decisions.

schakraborty091199
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:20 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by schakraborty091199 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:14 pm

JohnNash wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:44 pm
Hello does anyone know if admission decisions ever come out on weekend? ( Saturday and Sunday)
If not that means that 8-12 April is the last period of time when we should wait for decisions.
I was thinking the same thing, I’m not sure but I guess you could also get a decision on the 15th. But I think yes you can just depends on the school.

dolbeault
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:36 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by dolbeault » Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:27 pm

I swear this waitlist/"soft rejection" game feels like musical chairs.

IsaacNewton
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:57 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by IsaacNewton » Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:53 pm

schakraborty091199 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:14 pm
JohnNash wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:44 pm
Hello does anyone know if admission decisions ever come out on weekend? ( Saturday and Sunday)
If not that means that 8-12 April is the last period of time when we should wait for decisions.
I was thinking the same thing, I’m not sure but I guess you could also get a decision on the 15th. But I think yes you can just depends on the school.
I’m not gonna risk that since I have offers

nielswen
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:29 am

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by nielswen » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:08 am

Hello! Does anyone know the ddl of 15th means 0:00 15th or 24:00 15th? I have an offer but I want to wait for my waitlists.

MadMenDoMath
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:17 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by MadMenDoMath » Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:12 pm

As written on my offer letter from UChicago: "...the deadline to accept is no later than 11:59 PM (Chicago time)..."

So, I think it should be 11:59 PM in the local time of that particular University.


nielswen wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:08 am
Hello! Does anyone know the ddl of 15th means 0:00 15th or 24:00 15th? I have an offer but I want to wait for my waitlists.

KhanComplex
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:56 pm

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by KhanComplex » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:49 pm

nielswen wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:08 am
Hello! Does anyone know the ddl of 15th means 0:00 15th or 24:00 15th? I have an offer but I want to wait for my waitlists.
According to the Council of Graduate Schools, "The deadline should be 11:59 pm of April 15 in the time zone of the school offering financial support."

Source: https://cgsnet.org/april-15-resolution-faq

donbradman
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:09 am

Re: 2024 Sweat Thread

Post by donbradman » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:18 am

Hey guys,

those who have received offer from Minnesota or are waitlisted there but not planning to go there, please decline your offers ASAP. Especially, those interested in number theory. Just one week left now.



Post Reply