Oct. 15 scores

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
aekoppel

Oct. 15 scores

Post by aekoppel » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:46 pm

Hello.

I was wondering if they truly are waiting until AFTER the Nov. 12 exam to give back the Oct. 15 exams? It seems particularly cruel. I took the Oct. 15 exam and am waiting for my scores. I registered for the Nov. 12 as a precautionary measure but I feel pretty good about my experience in October, so am at an impasse about whether I should cancel my Nov. 12 test. Any advice would be appreciated. Has anyone heard of them ever releasing scores earlier than Nov. 25?

Thanks.

bemonocled

Re: Oct. 15 scores

Post by bemonocled » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:48 pm

Yes, ETS is very evil. There is only one way I know of that you can get your October scores and not worry about whether or not you did better on November. You can cancel your November scores immediately after taking it, and then wait for your October scores, and then if you think you did better on the November scores you can reinstate your November score for a fee. Potentially wastes a lot of money, of course.

owlpride

Post by owlpride » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:00 pm

Two years ago ETS released the October scores by phone on Friday before the November test date. A friend of mine took the November test as a stand-by after he was disappointed with his October scores. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try and call for scores on Friday night or Saturday morning and see what happens?

aekoppel

Post by aekoppel » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:38 am

Yeah that seems like a good idea. I studied extensively for the Oct. 15 but now that its getting later in the season, gotta get going on NSF GRF applications and such. They really should try to get those scores out faster. I'm hoping I can get them before next Friday...

owlpride

Post by owlpride » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:01 pm

Oh, I am sure that they have the scores earlier than when they are releasing them. But it's gotta be good for business to withhold them until after the following test date...

Good luck with your NSF applications!