Question about LOR and online application

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
castlevania87

Question about LOR and online application

Post by castlevania87 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:00 pm

I have already registered my referees on the online application, but some of them have not uploaded the letters yet.

Should I wait until they all upload the letters before I can submit the applications ?

owlpride

Re: Question about LOR and online application

Post by owlpride » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:41 pm

The platforms I have encountered did not require applicants to wait until after their letters had been submitted. Additionally, all platforms seem to let you return after you submit the application to check on the status of your letters.

ANDS

Post by ANDS » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:26 pm

castlevania87 wrote:I have already registered my referees on the online application, but some of them have not uploaded the letters yet.

Should I wait until they all upload the letters before I can submit the applications ?
Absolutely not. In fact most application processes recognize that this will not happen until after a student has submitted their apps. If you feel your LOR's are taking a bit of time, send them an email letting them know which apps have been submitted and are awaiting their LOR. Obviously you'r app wont be "complete" until then, but you can still get it in.

castlevania87

Post by castlevania87 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:35 pm

Thank you for everyone's responses.

I shouldn't wait. I have seen this in some schools' FAQ.