Profile Evaluation-Please Help Me

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
quantum1618

Profile Evaluation-Please Help Me

Post by quantum1618 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:25 pm

I am looking to apply to masters programs in applied math for admissions either in spring 2013 or fall 2013, and would like to know what schools I should look to apply to. Here is my profile:

Undergrad Institution: Top 75 Liberal Arts (US News)~Strong Mathematics Department
Major(s): Mathematics and Economics
Minor(s):
GPA: 3.35 (3.85 last 2 years)
Type of Student: White male

Key Courses (Grades): Calc I-III (B,C,B), Linear Algebra (A), ODEs (A-), PDEs (A), Math Modeling (A-), Advanced Calc (A), Probability I,II (A-,A), Astrophysics (A), Mathematical Economics (A),

GRE General Test
Q: 161 (84%)
V: 154 (76%)
W:4.0 (48%)

Other: Won department award for senior thesis in economics (Thesis was heavy on math)

Program Applying: Masters Applied Math (Interested in primarily PDEs)

Any help as to which programs I should apply to would be greatly appreciated.

metalshredder

Re: Profile Evaluation-Please Help Me

Post by metalshredder » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:59 pm

I'm assuming that you're interested in economics, right? I don't know too many programs that are good for that because I'm not dealing with economics.

By the way, have you taken the math subject GRE? Doing well on that can go a long way to help you into programs.

quantum1618

Re: Profile Evaluation-Please Help Me

Post by quantum1618 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:56 am

No not really interested in economics at all anymore, just applied math as it says at the top and the bottom (particularly non-linear PDEs as well as Chaos, though I am open to just about anything).

I have not taken the math subject GRE since I was under the impression that most schools did not require or use it as an admissions criterion when someone is applying to a masters in applied math.