How may I ask my status in Courant?

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
dragoonlp

How may I ask my status in Courant?

Post by dragoonlp » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:51 am

I know the Courant already send off their offers this week and I received nothing... So, I think my chance in Courant is very low. But I want to make sure I won't get in, i.e. no finical aid, before I accept other offer. I tried to email them but no answer. Do you guys know who can I possible contact and get some informations?

Thank you very much!

goombayao

Re: How may I ask my status in Courant?

Post by goombayao » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:37 pm

I finally got a hold of them and found out the following:

Most (all?) offers with financial support have been sent out already. They are currently creating a waitlist of 10-12 students for possible offers w/funding. They hope to have this complete in about 2 weeks, and then they will notify everybody (waitlist, admit w/out support, or reject).

dragoonlp

Post by dragoonlp » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:21 pm

goombayao wrote:I finally got a hold of them and found out the following:

Most (all?) offers with financial support have been sent out already. They are currently creating a waitlist of 10-12 students for possible offers w/funding. They hope to have this complete in about 2 weeks, and then they will notify everybody (waitlist, admit w/out support, or reject).

Thank you so much about the information! The courant is really slow in making the decision....

castlevania87

Post by castlevania87 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:27 pm

They seem to be 2 weeks slower than previous years. I am planning to visit schools in the east coast next week, it would be cost and time efficient for me to combine the schools that are close by. I sent 2 emails to nyu about my schedule (I am admitted), but no one responded. I guess the secretary/director are really busy with the final round of decisions....... This will postpone my final decision. sigh...........