Late Transcripts

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
SwifferCat

Late Transcripts

Post by SwifferCat » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:55 pm

So I submitted my all my apps back in December, what I didn't know was that many schools required official transcripts...

When I realized this, like a week ago, I submitted my official transcripts ASAP (most notably to U Michigan). Do you guys think that given such a huge delay, my application will not be reviewed?

Has this happened to anyone else? Should I just expect to not hear back from these schools? I'm kinda freaking out here...

arctanX

Re: Late Transcripts

Post by arctanX » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:06 pm

U Michigan requires you to upload transcripts and in addition to have them sent over either via mail or electronically (in some cases) by your previous school. What exactly didn't you do? both or the just the latter?

SwifferCat

Post by SwifferCat » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:38 pm

I uploaded them before the deadline. When I was checking my status with the ID they gave me, I saw it said "transcript not received". I freaked out and realized they required official transcripts as well...

hakandoga

Post by hakandoga » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:52 am

I was worried about the same problem, but here is what the graduate coordinator wrote to me;
"If you have sent your unofficial transcript that will be accepted for review. If offered admission, you must send Official Transcripts to the Rackham Graduate School before an Official Offer can be made."
So I think you are safe.
I have the real problem with Indiana Bloomington, they are so strict about this and I just sent my transcripts last friday. They will recieve both grad and undergrad transcripts in 10-15 days. I hope that it will not be too late.

arctanX

Post by arctanX » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:16 am

hakandoga wrote:I was worried about the same problem, but here is what the graduate coordinator wrote to me;
"If you have sent your unofficial transcript that will be accepted for review. If offered admission, you must send Official Transcripts to the Rackham Graduate School before an Official Offer can be made."
So I think you are safe.
I agree. They also told me that the official transcripts are required just as an authentication for the uploaded ones after being accepted.

st

Post by st » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:46 am

I wouldn't worry too much about official transcripts arriving late, as long as you have already uploaded unofficial transcripts in your application. It might vary from school to school, but last year I sent official transcripts very late to two of my top choices and was still admitted to both schools.

functorofpoints

Post by functorofpoints » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:29 pm

Yea I freaked out about this and then I realized that they don't actually care that much. If you're admitted they will want to see the transcript for verification, but otherwise as long as the letters make it that's all that matters. Someone I know said a bunch of schools didn't get her official GRE scores but they didn't care. They just write that you should submit them on their website to make people take it more seriously or something.