Query about reporting scores to universities

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
Enigmatic

Query about reporting scores to universities

Post by Enigmatic » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:49 am

Hi guys,

When we register for the subject test, I believe we are given the option of sending scores to 4 places. I was wondering if only the subject test scores would be sent, or if the general scores will be sent together with the subject scores if we select the "send all" option.

Also, after we finish the exam, when sending scores to additional universities, can we include both the general and subject scores for the same fee? Or should we pay additional $$ if we have to send subject scores too?

I am on a tight budget, and hence the number of places I can apply will depend a lot on the GRE costs. I'd greatly appreciate response from someone who has already gone through this, or has knowledge of how the system works. Thanks :)

p-adic

Re: Query about reporting scores to universities

Post by p-adic » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:28 am

I think you can only send subject test only or all scores at the time of testing. If you want to use scoreselect, you'll need to wait til later and pay extra money.

Enigmatic

Post by Enigmatic » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:40 pm

When using score-select, do I need to spend 25$ for general GRE and an additional 25$ for subject, or do I get to send both for 25$.

p-adic

Post by p-adic » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:48 pm

Pretty sure you just pay once. Not sure what the current price is.

MathCat

Post by MathCat » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:38 pm

You can send both general and subject scores for one fee.