contacting potential supervisor Canada

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
faina0008

contacting potential supervisor Canada

Post by faina0008 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:27 am

I want to apply to schools in Canada, and I see that quite a few of them prefer student to contact potential supervisor. Among those are: Toronto, York, Ottawa, Carleton, Simon Fraser. These schools spelled that they encourage or require finding a supervisor before the application.

I could not find such statement on the web sites of McGill, UBC, Victoria. I would appreciate if people who applied in the past could share.

PS. If I don't get any response, I will email the departments and will share the response here.

AMGMScrub

Re: contacting potential supervisor Canada

Post by AMGMScrub » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:54 am

I don't know too much about schools in Canada. But perhaps you can email the graduate department at McGill, UBC, Victoria about this before contacting potential supervisors. They might give you a helpful response.

faina0008

Post by faina0008 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:58 am

AMGMScrub wrote:I don't know too much about schools in Canada. But perhaps you can email the graduate department at McGill, UBC, Victoria about this before contacting potential supervisors. They might give you a helpful response.
Thank you, but I think I mentioned in my post that I will email the admissions. I listed this question here because I think that it is also beneficial to get information from students who actually applied. And also because someone like me, who is applying to schools in Canada, might find this information useful. :)

MathCat

Post by MathCat » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:32 am

I sent you a message.