Indiana Bloomington application

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
mishania1996

Indiana Bloomington application

Post by mishania1996 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:06 am

Today I tried entering to my account because as I remember I haven't paid yet the application fee for Indiana. But it says that my application is completed and there is no option for payment. I checked my e-mail and I saw that I received a week ago a message stating that

"You have successfully submitted your application for admission.
Application Number: ********
Program: Mathematics
Major: Mathematics PhD

Your application has been sent directly to the program that you applied to on your application. Please visit the International Admissions Web site to determine if your records should be mailed directly to the Office of International Admissions or directly to your program http://ois.indiana.edu/admissions/apply ... ndex.shtml. The department/unit may contact you if they need additional information or have questions about your application. The department/unit will make their admission decision and will communicate that decision to you directly. If you have additional questions, please send an email to newtoiu@iu.edu"

I've just created a fake account and saw that there is no way to submit application without payment. I just can't remember if at the end of application I was asked to pay in a different way. I can't find a relevant info in my e-mails.

DDswife

Re: Indiana Bloomington application

Post by DDswife » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:09 am

Why don’t you call?

Maybe there is a flaw in the program.

mishania1996

Post by mishania1996 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:27 am

DDswife wrote:Why don’t you call?

Maybe there is a flaw in the program.
I suppose I must contact.

In addition:
The link in the e-mail above tells that: "After you submit your online application, you will receive immediate email confirmation that it was received. OIS will send you an email within five business days with your login information for iStart. You will then need to log in to iStart so you can upload the additional documents you are required to submit." But I haven't received any e-mails having any login information for iStart. Has anybody been faced similar problems?

DDswife

Post by DDswife » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:54 am

I would. If they realise that you didn’t pay, and they remove you from the applicants pool, then all your work will be for nothing. And that just to save some money? On top of that you will show them that you are an honest applicant.

mishania1996

Post by mishania1996 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:13 pm

DDswife wrote:I would. If they realise that you didn’t pay, and they remove you from the applicants pool, then all your work will be for nothing. And that just to save some money? On top of that you will show them that you are an honest applicant.
It turns out, they have holiday today. I'm afraid there is no way to contact.

DDswife

Post by DDswife » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:15 pm

Do it tomorrow.

mishania1996

Post by mishania1996 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:21 pm

DDswife wrote:Do it tomorrow.
Deadline is today :D

DDswife

Post by DDswife » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:24 pm

Well, you submitted it by the deadline. Call tomorrow to check on the payment thing. If the program has a flaw, it’s not your fault.

Junaid456

Post by Junaid456 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:49 pm

Hi.

I would urge you to contact them as soon as possible with your query. Try and contact both the department and the Graduate School. Some departments are quite accommodating. I submitted my application to the University of Washington a few days after the deadline. I sent an email to the department, and I got a positive: the director told me to submit my application as soon as possible, which I did.