score report codes

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
raulastur

score report codes

Post by raulastur » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:50 pm

Hi, can anyone explain me the meaning of this score report codes:
G= General Test scores
S= subject test scores
N= No scores

Before I took the math GRE I only tipped S, should I tip G also?? thanks

trevaskis

Re: score report codes

Post by trevaskis » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:47 pm

There's a general GRE test that has sections on Verbal reasoning, Quantitative reasoning and Analytic Writing and there are GRE subject tests including the math subject test. The gre keeps all your scores on all the tests you took during the last five years and reports either all your general test scores, all your subject test scores or all your scores on all tests depending on what you choose to report. Most universities require both the general and subject test.

raulastur

Post by raulastur » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:26 pm

I can send 4 scores for free, so what happens if when taking the subject GRE I tip S and G, and when taking the general GRE I will be allow to tip other 4 for free, so I will have sent 8 universities both subject and general, is that correct?

trevaskis

Post by trevaskis » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:40 pm

Yes. You can also send additional scores for an extra $23.

All the info about scoring is available on the ETS website.

http://www.ets.org/gre/general/scores/send

owlpride

Post by owlpride » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:55 pm

I don't think so. Your first set of scores is reported as soon as your first score becomes available. If the other test score is not available at the time, it does not get reported and you will have to pay for additional score reports later.

logaritym

Post by logaritym » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:44 pm

My problem is similar.
First I took GRE GENERAL and marked 3 times G+S and once only G (don't ask me why).
Then I took GRE SUBJECT and sent the correction stub, including all 4 universities, I checked before.
So... Now what?

andyc

Post by andyc » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:29 pm

The way it works is that they can only submit the scores obtained up to the date of the exam. In your case, logaritym, all 4 institutions will get both your general and your subject score. When you requested the scores to be sent after you took the general GRE, regardless of whether you marked G or G and S, they only sent out the general scores, because those were the only ones they had on record

trevaskis

Post by trevaskis » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:06 pm

That's a good point, I didn't think of the fact that they only report the scores that you've got up to that point. :oops: