Admitted! But Waiting For Funding Offer

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
UniformlyDivergent

Admitted! But Waiting For Funding Offer

Post by UniformlyDivergent » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:39 pm

ITT: Anxiety

I got admitted into ASUs PhD for Mathematics (Pure), which I'm super excited about! However, I'm also waiting to hear back from them if I was awarded a TA/RA position. In other words, if I was funded for the program. I'm nervous because I've heard from current grad students at ASU that the pure math department receives significantly less funding than the applied. Then again, it's a much smaller department, so maybe it works. Anyway, if anyone wants to talk about TA/RA offers, funding, ASU's math community, or whatever, here is a good place to do it.

-UD

babii

Re: Admitted! But Waiting For Funding Offer

Post by babii » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:30 pm

Heyy me too! I got admitted to the applied program probably over a month ago and I'm super nervous about funding as well. I've been told that funding info will be available either on mid Jan or mid Feb. I guess we're gonna have to wait for another month.

UniformlyDivergent

Post by UniformlyDivergent » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:03 pm

I heard the same. The website said as early as mid-January, so I was half-hoping it would come through earlier rather than later. Best I can divine, no one has received any offers yet (unless they've all be internal). Until then, I'll keep refreshing my e-mail every 2 minutes. :shock:

UniformlyDivergent

Post by UniformlyDivergent » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:35 am

Update on this: I got a funding offer from ASU! Full funding with a TA position!

Mugsy

Post by Mugsy » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:01 pm

Congratulations on the offer! Was the offer in an email they sent, or was it on the website?

UniformlyDivergent

Post by UniformlyDivergent » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:26 pm

Thank you. It came in as a docusign link via e-mail. I think the funding also comes out in waves.

babii

Post by babii » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:39 pm

I got mine today as well. I decided to email the graduate director and she answered me with the DocuSign.

UniformlyDivergent

Post by UniformlyDivergent » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:28 pm

Congrats babii!