Additional score reports - big mess - Be careful!!!

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
logaritym

Additional score reports - big mess - Be careful!!!

Post by logaritym » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:36 am

I want to send GRE GENERAL and GRE SUBJECT to several universities in USA. I took GRE GENERAL 1 month ago and GRE SUBJECT on 13.11. The subject result is not available yet, but I want to make sure that the universities will got it when it's out.
When I finished GRE GENERAL, I stated that I want to send my GRE GENERAL and GRE SUBJECT scores to 3 of the 4 intially chosen universities (I forgot the check the box for the last one). After I finished GRE SUBJECT, the administrator offered me a correction stub to choose the recepients for the taken test. Once again, I chose the same 4 universities. This morning in my account at mygre.ets.org I could still see G+S checked at 3 of the 4 universities. I decided to order some additional score reports, so chose GRE GENERAL SCORES (which are the only ones available now), after that I had again the option to choose which results I want to send (GENERAL or/and SUBJECT) and I checked them both, payed only $23 and now I can see in my profile that at all but one of the recepients both G and S scores are requested.
I'm very confused now. As far as I know the price for Subject + General is $43 and payed the tax only for GENERAL, but then why I can see at my profile that all universities (except one of them) will receive both scores? Also, I'm not sure that ETS have received the correction stub and it's OK.
Please, let's someone explain!
Greetings!
Last edited by logaritym on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lpt234

Re: Additional score reports - what a mess!

Post by lpt234 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:56 am

What is important to understand is that you can choose additional score reports only after your results are known. Otherwise, ETS will only send your general score, even if you check both Subject and General. Also, you have to verify the date in the left column on your score recipient sheet in the score reports page. If there is one, then ETS have already send your scores even if you don't have your subject score already. The price for both general and subject is 23$, not 43$. So, unfortunately, you will have to order the same score reports after you receive your score, and pay again.

logaritym

Post by logaritym » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:21 am

So you tell me that I just lost ~$100?

lpt234

Post by lpt234 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:30 am

Yeah... I doubt ETS will reimburse you, but you can try. I made the same mistake. I also did the TOEFL, which is also offer by ETS, and the process is completely different. I was able to choose my score recipients before I took the test. ETS instructions are not clear at all!

logaritym

Post by logaritym » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:00 pm

So what should I do? The results I ordered today aren't sent yet...

lpt234

Post by lpt234 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:05 pm

The best thing to do would be to contact ETS and they will tell you if you need to add additional score reports.

alex

Post by alex » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:36 pm

lpt234 wrote:What is important to understand is that you can choose additional score reports only after your results are known. Otherwise, ETS will only send your general score, even if you check both Subject and General.
I'm not so sure. I ordered a whole bunch of additional score reports before I took the exam in November and there was an option to have ETS wait and send them when my November results were known. So far they are still sitting there on the website without a sent date next to them. I really hope that I'm right about this otherwise I've been cheated out of an incredible amount of money.

lpt234

Post by lpt234 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:41 pm

alex wrote:
lpt234 wrote:What is important to understand is that you can choose additional score reports only after your results are known. Otherwise, ETS will only send your general score, even if you check both Subject and General.
I'm not so sure. I ordered a whole bunch of additional score reports before I took the exam in November and there was an option to have ETS wait and send them when my November results were known. So far they are still sitting there on the website without a sent date next to them. I really hope that I'm right about this otherwise I've been cheated out of an incredible amount of money.
oh... you may be right! I did not see this option. I which I had. If Logarithm has chosen this option, then it changes what I said before. However, if he did not choose it, then I think the only solution is to reorder score reports, but the best is to call ETS to be sure.

alex

Post by alex » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:50 pm

Yeah, I went back and checked. I started hitting the links to order more reports and early on it gives me a "Select a Test Date" option between "11/13/2010 - Subject: Mathematics" and "Send Currently Available Scores."

But, so far, ETS has done nothing but upset me so I won't be surprised if they end up only sending my terrible score from 2006 and nothing else. I guess I'll cross my fingers and maybe give them a call at some point just to make sure (of course last time I called I was on hold for forever).

logaritym

Post by logaritym » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:54 pm

Well, I have already Report Dates for the first 4 universities I chose just after my GRE GENERAL exam (and it's even before I took my GRE SUBJECT test). Today I ordered additional SUBJECT + GENERAL score reports for 4 additional universities and I haven't report dates for them yet. It's very confusing, because it isn't written anywhere which scores are sent and which ones aren't.
So... how much money I've lost so far - $92 or $184?

logaritym

Re: Additional score reports - big mess - Be careful!!!

Post by logaritym » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:47 pm

Thank you for contacting the GRE Program.

Dear ..........,

Regarding your inquiry:

Because your Subject Test scores were not reportable at the time your score report request was processed, only your General Test scores were reported. Please note that previous requests are not processed again when new scores become available.

-----Original Message-----

Hello! I took GRE GENERAL on 4.11.2010 and GRE SUBJECT on 13.11.2010. Today I ordered some additional score reports (GRE SUBJECT + GRE GENERAL) for $23 per university. However, my GRE SUBJECT scores are not available yet and a friend of mine just told me that there is a chance that you'll send only GRE GENERAL scores and then I'll have to pay once again to send GRE SUBJECT scores. I don't want to pay twice for the service, so please, check my status. If it's possible, send the scores together when they are all available. My registration number is.............
I can't interpret the information on My GRE - ETS. Would you explain me what's the situation? Thank you!

Well... I was robbed.

alex

Post by alex » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:28 pm

That sucks, man. Keep complaining to them. Call repeatedly if you have to. Even if it was technically you that messed up, they should eventually give you what you want. Their website is not always very clear...especially if you're foreign, I would imagine. So you deserve a second chance at this - it's a lot of money (money that is mostly pure profit to them, I would imagine).

logaritym

Post by logaritym » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:37 pm

Alex, lpt234, thank you for your suggestions!
I just called ETS and now everything is OK.
Alex, I recommend you to do the same. Probably first you'll have to wait ~5-10min on hold, but it's worth it - the representatives are very kind and they'll gonna help you if it's possible.
I hope you'll resolve your problems too.
Greetings!

lpt234

Post by lpt234 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:08 pm

Good at least they have a good costumer service!

Chapel

Post by Chapel » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:10 pm

logaritym wrote:Alex, lpt234, thank you for your suggestions!
I just called ETS and now everything is OK.
Alex, I recommend you to do the same. Probably first you'll have to wait ~5-10min on hold, but it's worth it - the representatives are very kind and they'll gonna help you if it's possible.
I hope you'll resolve your problems too.
Greetings!
Thank god they helped you out. I would have been pissed had they not. Everything about ETS is so unfriendly otherwise.

dajohnson89

Post by dajohnson89 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:11 pm

Everything about ETS is so unfriendly otherwise.
Yeah, like their Mathematics subject test.