gre awa score of 3 - is it over for me this cycle. my verbal is 151 (average).

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
zim

gre awa score of 3 - is it over for me this cycle. my verbal is 151 (average).

Post by zim » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:38 pm

my quant score is the average for the math department at the school i am most interested in. verbal is four points lower than average and essay is .8 lower than average. they specified a minimum gpa of 3.4 but from here i saw somebody get admitted with a gpa of 3.10.

i know that i should have tried harder on the verbal/essay, but i tunnel visioned on my courses and a side project. i just feel really defeated. i do have reaearch experience but it's nothing to write home about.

this is the second cycle im trying. last cycle.i got waitlisted then rejected from uic, gwu, and northeastern.

pi31415pi

Re: gre awa score of 3 - is it over for me this cycle. my verbal is 151 (average).

Post by pi31415pi » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:04 am

zim wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:38 pm
my quant score is the average for the math department at the school i am most interested in. verbal is four points lower than average and essay is .8 lower than average. they specified a minimum gpa of 3.4 but from here i saw somebody get admitted with a gpa of 3.10.

i know that i should have tried harder on the verbal/essay, but i tunnel visioned on my courses and a side project. i just feel really defeated. i do have reaearch experience but it's nothing to write home about.

this is the second cycle im trying. last cycle.i got waitlisted then rejected from uic, gwu, and northeastern.
Dont think GRE general matters a lot. Letters/GRE subject test definitely matters much more

matejxx1

Re: gre awa score of 3 - is it over for me this cycle. my verbal is 151 (average).

Post by matejxx1 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:15 pm

pi31415pi wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:04 am
Dont think GRE general matters a lot. Letters/GRE subject test definitely matters much more
And I don't even think the sub GRE matters that much honestly.