CUNY, McGill, BU, UIC

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
Galois7

CUNY, McGill, BU, UIC

Post by Galois7 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:31 pm

Anyone heard anything or have any information about McGill and CUNY pure math phd program?

I have seen few people getting accepted in UIC and Boston University. I haven't heard anything from them. Does this mean rejection?

quanticbolt

Re: CUNY, McGill, BU, UIC

Post by quanticbolt » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:21 pm

For McGill, I recommend reaching out to them. You may be on a waitlist but Canadian universities also tend to ghost in my experience. I hope others can answer your other questions. Best of luck! :)

pengb99

Post by pengb99 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:48 pm

I haven't seen anyone receiving ad from Mcgill so far. Last year, the decision was available after mid March.

quanticbolt

Post by quanticbolt » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:37 am

I have a couple of friends who have McGill admits. But they already go to McGill... But also, in 2020, I had another friend receive a McGill acceptance in Feb. And another a reject. Honestly think it may vary for them from year to year. Best to just reach out.

clopensets

Post by clopensets » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:55 pm

UIC's virtual accepted students day is March 11. I would recommend reaching out about your application status.

jxgeng

Post by jxgeng » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:19 pm

I contacted BU yesterday. They said that they haven’t sent out all decisions yet and that I should wait until the end of March.

Veltri200755

Post by Veltri200755 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:08 pm

I got rejected from BU yesterday. So you might be in the running still.

Pratik506

Post by Pratik506 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:42 am

About McGill, I recieved a mail from Professor on 6th March stating -

"Hi Pratik,

Thanks for your interest in McGill, and for contacting me. I have seen your application. Students admitted to Physiology and to Mathematics are assigned a supervisor on admission. Given that your interest in fractional differential equations is not a good fit with me or anybody else I am aware of in either department, and the very high cost of supporting foreign students, its unlikely at this point that your application to either department will succeed. On the other hand, graduate admissions to the QLS program are handled differently, and they have extended their application deadline to March 15th. I am not involved in admissions decisions for the QLS program, and can’t give information on that. I wish you luck in finding a place to continue your studies. Hopefully you can find somewhere which has a group actively researching fractional differential equations"

So, waiting for official rejection letter.😀