Forgot to Register for the October Exam

Forum for the GRE subject test in mathematics.
rubikscube09

Forgot to Register for the October Exam

Post by rubikscube09 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

I forgot to register for the October 23rd GRE exam, and all of the test-centers in my area (within 300 miles or so), don't seem to show any administrations for October, and only have them for April.

Am I screwed?

Thanks for your help, and happy to join this forum. Please let me know if my post breaks any rules. Thanks again!

empty_functor

Re: Forgot to Register for the October Exam

Post by empty_functor » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:08 pm

rubikscube09 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:21 pm
Hi Everyone,

I forgot to register for the October 23rd GRE exam, and all of the test-centers in my area (within 300 miles or so), don't seem to show any administrations for October, and only have them for April.

Am I screwed?

Thanks for your help, and happy to join this forum. Please let me know if my post breaks any rules. Thanks again!
Where I can see things, you have three choices:
  1. Register for a test center further away, try zip codes 300-500 miles away, you should be able to find some places that have spots, you just have tto pay a late registration fee, I think it's 25 dollars.
  2. Show up at a test center on test day near you and see if they have standby testing available.
  3. Not take it, I don't think many programs will require it this year anyway. GRE Subject test can only help you but not having it won't harm you.

rubikscube09

Re: Forgot to Register for the October Exam

Post by rubikscube09 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:21 pm

Thank you empty_functor - I had a question regarding standby - do I just show up to the test center early, and say I'd like to do standby testing (along with id, money for the fee etc?)